What are teeth-in-a-day?
Teeth-in-a-day is a full arch of dental implants that can be surgically implanted in a patient who has lost their entire upper or lower set of teeth. This procedure can be done within a few hours which gives the patient teeth in just a day or less! Teeth-in-a-day can give patients a full, permanent set of teeth. It’s a safe and effective approach to dental implants.
Does it really happen in a day?
Yes, it does! Because all of the implants are placed at once in a full arch, the procedure takes about an hour or so and just like that, the patient has a full set of beautiful dental implants. Both the procedure and recovery are pretty quick. Most people can return to regular activities within a day or two after their procedure. Recovery time will depend on the person, but it’s typically not too long.
What does the procedure look like?
The procedure of teeth-in-a-day really does take a day but preparing for the procedure may take more than a day.
- It’ll start by discussing the procedure with your oral surgeon. Your oral surgeon will need to evaluate the health of the gums and the density of your jaw bone to ensure that teeth-in-a-day is a good option for you.
- Next, you’ll undergo a scan of your jaw for your surgeon to determine how to place your implants.
- Impressions will be taken to make your implants.
- If there are any remaining teeth that need to be extracted, that will need to be done before the surgery.
- Finally, you’ll have the surgery. A set of overdentures will be loaded onto implants and be set in your mouth. You will leave the office with a few hours with a new set of teeth.
- Recovery time is pretty short. You’ll be back to eating normally, smiling, speaking, and showing off your pearly whites in no time.
Are teeth-in-a-day right for you?
Teeth-in-a-day is a quick and effective procedure. It is a great option for someone who needs a whole set of implants. If you are missing a significant number of teeth, getting teeth-in-a-day can be a great option to replace a large number of teeth at a time. However, if you are missing a few teeth, this is not the option for you.
It’s a very safe, quick procedure. Plus, it’ll get you a new smile overnight. If you are missing a lot of teeth, this could be a great way to restore your smile. Teeth-in-a-day are reliable—you chew normally within a few days.
If you think teeth-in-a-day are a good option for you or if you have more questions about the procedure, contact us at Oral and Facial Surgery of Utah. Our offices at Cottonwood Heights, South Jordan, and Tooele are stocked with medical professional and experienced surgeons who are dedicated to ensuring your health and comfort. Contact us to discuss your teeth-in-a-day options!